Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ah springtime in San Diego. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the college freshman is trying to make sense of it all. miserably.
But really, I'm a happy girl today. Even as I write this, I am laying on a towel, bikini-clad, by the pool doing homework and regaining my cute, california tan. I even found time today to stop by the koi pond and get lost for a little bit in its serenity (while munching on crunchy tacos yummm). I also feel really good because I am one of the better oral speakers in my Spanish 201 class. I havnt taken Spanish since junior yr of high school so its an ego boost to know that I can still speak it well, and with a "beautiful" accent that had some fooled into believing I grew up in Spain. My profesora is Argentinian, so I will work on cultivating an exotic Argentinian accent to put into effect once I trek down to Mexico for spring break.
Springitme, and love is in the air. Could it be? Does Jill actually have a legitimate romantic interest for once? Yes. A small step but yes. I've known Scott since high school. He's always been one of my stoner boys, and to him, I've always been "one of the guys". He went to the community college back in Scripps this past fall semester, but he recently transferred to SDSU and is living across from me in Tepyac. With an already solid friendship and a comedic chemistry, we were bound to hit it off.
He's a lover. Really good at talking to girls about what girls like to talk about. He isn't shy with his words, lets me know what he's thinking instead of most men who habitually bottle up thoughts that don't even need bottling. Here's the bonus: he notices my appearance and pores over my body like it's a work of art. He says I have set the new standard in the type of body he's looking for. By far, the best body he has ever been with. I didn't believe him, but he insists. So guess who's feeling pretty today? He also notices things that anyone (even girls) would never expect to hear from their man.

"You're hair looks really pretty today, did you do something different to it?"
"Yeah, actually I put product in it for once," blushingly, "Thanks,"
or
"That's a cool shirt, I'm digging the colors,"
And even though his comment may seem trivial, I melt inside.

Ok, so here's the catch: My best friend in the whole wide world, Marie, has slept with him before. Practically under the same conditions. They were doing community college together and found their previous friendship a springboard for a sweet, non-serious romance. And when Marie told me, I was a bit jealous. Their dance was shortlived, bumped back down to very good stoner friends again. How the tables have turned! And yet, I havn't told Marie. I shouldn't be so nervous, i mean, he WAS really just a fling to her. But I definately feel like im going aginst some sister code by doing this and not saying anything. I will find the right time. Perhaps only when I start feeling serious. Doubt that will ever happen...

It does excite me that Valentines day is around the corner and for once, I just might have a valentine. YES, Valentines day is a stupid holiday. I truly believe this. Even with a valentine, it's still stupid. But as long as i have one, I'll embrace the day as a "romantic opportunity". And this time I'll do something plain and simple like a card and a rolled up blunt. Yeah. a blunt. Perfect gift for Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment